DIGITAL CONTENT CREATOR (FILLED)
Substantial Media, LLC is looking for a highly motivated and results-driven Digital Content Creator to design, write, and publish various types of pieces for our company’s Digital Marketing department. This individual will be responsible for researching and developing content for our web pages, articles, and social media posts with expectations to enhance our company’s presence during our digital brand campaigns.
Tasks of a Digital Content Creator include producing marketing copy to advertise our products, writing posts, or articles regarding a variety of topics and strongly promoting our content on all social media platforms. To be successful in this role, one should have experience with digital publishing and generating traffic and leads for new business. We will ask you to share samples of your work (portfolio or links to published articles) along with your application during the time of your interview.
Ultimately, our Digital Content Creator will help us reach our target audience by delivering both useful and appealing information online about Substantial Media, LLC with a primary focus on its subsidiary Substantial Magazine.
Raleigh, Durham, Charlotte, Greenville, (North Carolina)
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce quality work
- Research industry-related topics
- Prepare well-structured drafts using digital publishing platforms
- Create, collect and distribute marketing copy to advertisers
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimize content
- Promote content on social networks and monitor engagement
- Coordinate with Digital Marketing team to illustrate articles
- Measure web traffic to content
- Update our websites as needed
- Proven work experience as a Content Creator, Copywriter or similar role
- Knowledge and/or experience in marketing, multimedia design, agency and/or media content production environment
- Submission of portfolio of published articles and content, blogs graphics, videos or animation samples
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Time-management skills
- Ability to fact-check long-form content pieces
- Strong knowledge of digital and social media content trends, platforms and effectiveness measures.
- Proficient with Adobe CC or combination of any other applications used for video, graphic, and social media content creation.
- Familiarity with SEO and SEM
- Education in Communication, Marketing, English, Journalism or relevant field
The company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
All interested candidates please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Freelance and Independent Contractor
Pay: Hourly based on capacity and experience
- Flexible 20 Hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- No Overtime
- Must be available for weekly Zoom team meetings
- Applicant must be enrolled at least half-time at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants must be actively involved on their campus.
- Applicants must be actively engaged throughout the program and maintaina positive digital footprint.
- Writing Skills: (Preferred)
- Digital marketing: (Preferred)
- Content creation: (Preferred)
- SEO / SEM: (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
Substantial Media is a platform that strikes a balance between inspiration and information, traditional and digital. Through photography, journalism, radio, podcasts, public television, and social media we amplify the positive stories within black and brown communities.
We also look to bring awareness to important issues affecting our communities on a local, state, and national level and serve as a training ground for the next generation of multicultural leaders and communication professionals.