Substantial joins the global movement for generosity. On Tuesday, December 1st Substantial and countless others will give their voice, goods, time, and/or money, in an effort to spread a little good in the world, God knows we need it.
What a year 2020 has been. Let’s end it on a positive note and let’s start this #GivingTuesday. We here at Substantial plan to support those that are working in our community, fighting alongside our community, and doing their part to shine light on all that is Substantial about our community. Being generous is a way to fight for the causes you care about and help people in need.
We hope you will consider joining us in this global movement for generosity and also consider supporting Substantial Magazine in one of three ways.
First you can simply join our e-list, we promise we won’t spam you or fill up your inbox.
Second, take the next step and become a premium member at $26.99 a year. For less than a KFC fill up, you can help support local black-owned and operated media.
Lastly, give to our Substantial Internship program as we continue to create meaningful experiences and opportunities for highly talented and motivated minority student leaders. Learn more and support.
Straight from the Giving Tuesday website. You can connect with other local GivingTuesday movements to learn more about how you can give back in your country or U.S. community.
Here are some more ideas you might consider:
- Share kindness with your neighbors.
- Volunteer virtually or share your talents
- Give your voice to a cause that matters to you
- Show gratitude to healthcare workers, service providers, and other essential workers who are making sure we still have the services we rely on, even at risk to their own health.
- Discover a local fundraiser, community drive, or coordinated event to join others in your area or with your same interests in giving back — they need your help. Search for opportunities here
- Give to your favorite cause or a fundraiser to help those in need.
Use social media to spread the word!
- Talk about giving and generosity using the hashtag #GivingTuesday
- Share our Facebook posts — facebook.com/GivingTuesday
- Follow us on Twitter @GivingTuesday and use the #GivingTuesday hashtag
- Follow us on TikTok— GivingTuesday
- Instagram — givingtuesday
- Snapchat — add/GivingTuesday
- Share our social media channels in your organizational and personal social networks
- Announce your participation in GivingTuesday to your networks and email lists